This would have been really funny had it not been so crucial for you, Brian. Fortunately in India, we have a strong family system and typically a person would always have someone if it is not a serious health issue and you only need someone to shift you to and from your bed to and from your wheelchair. I have cerebral palsy; although I can move from my wheelchair and lie in my bed, in the morning, while getting up, my wife helps me. These days I am brainstorming on how to manage myself out of the bed without my wife’s help.

So if it is just physical assistance that you need and there is no medical expertise required, maybe you can ask someone, like your cousin or sibling and you can pay him or her some sort of remuneration. Just wondering if this can be done. Or someone else who wouldn’t charge as much as a trained nurse would.

I don’t care much about being politically correct. Things are just right or wrong and yes, sometimes there are grey areas in this is why we write, don’t we?