Could Ram Kishan Grewal have been prompted to commit or at least stage a suicide?
Lots of speculations are going on in the media, in the public and on social media regarding what exactly prompted the ex-serviceman Ram Kishan Grewal to consume poison. I received some bits of information written in Hindi — first bits of information that I have received and the version you have what might be different from this, as I can already see in the Google search results that I am getting. Anyway, these are the details that I received about Ram Kishan Grewal:
- It’s been said that he was in the service for 30 years and retired as a Soobedaar but according to another version, he worked for just 6 years and then took a discharge. One cannot hope to receive an army pension, especially under OROP, after working for just 6 years.
- He is the second person to have committed suicide during an Aam Aadmi Party demonstration, or in a demonstration with somewhere, directly or indirectly, the imprint of the Aam Aadmi Party being there.
- Reportedly someone prompted him to take the dire step for political gains.
- Due to some clerical error he received Rs. 5000 less then what he was supposed to receive.
- For 6 years he was in the Army and for the remaining 24 years he worked in the DSC — Defence Security Corps — and anyway it was not eligible for OROP.
- He was the Sarpanch of Village Bamla of district Bhivani, and was involved in some Swachch Bharat Abhiyan scam — some misdemeanour regarding the building of toilet enclosures.
- He was charged with swindling funds.
- Interestingly, this Hindustan Times link says that he won several accolades for the work that he did for his village.
- Ram Kishan Grewal fought sarpanch elections from a Congress ticket.
- It is being said that he sought an appointment with Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, but he sent the letter on October 31, 2016 and committed suicide the next day.
Here is a scan of the letter that is sent to the Defence Minister and nowhere in the latter he has sought an appointment. In the letter he also mentions that he was in active army duty for just a little more than 6 years and for the rest of the time he worked in the DSC.
Here is a tweet from Rahul Kanwal explaining how Ram Kishan Grewal got just Rs. 5000 less:
Now here is an audio clip of the call that Ram Kishan Grewal made to his son allegedly after consuming poison. I’m not questioning the veracity of the audio clip, but do you really think a father would call his son after consuming poison and then talk in this tone as if he is making a political speech? Listen to the video again and again without getting entangled in your emotional strings. In the audio clip, he also tells who all are sitting with him — he took poison in the presence of people and nobody stopped him, nobody called the ambulance and he is having a long conversation as if he is sitting in some lawn. Generally there is all-round pell-mell when someone takes poison in the vicinity. You can make out that the words coming out of his mouth are not coming naturally. They have been learned.
OROP suicide: Ex-serviceman Ram Kishan Grewal's audio clip just before death - YouTube
Tanya Tripathi shared a video
Think of one more thing: how was this audio clip recorded? Do people randomly record audio clips when their fathers make calls or do fathers record audio clips when they call their sons and tell them that they are killing themselves or taking a drastic step? Nobody is asking who recorded the call. You need to install an app in order to save audio clips from calls. Was such a call anticipated?
Another highly suspicious development is that all the usual suspects are trying to draw political mileage out of the unfortunate incident including the AAP, the Congress and even the Trinamul Congress.
These “political activists” are not known for their alacrity when it comes to coming to someone’s help. They only gather where political currency can be gained. It is typical vulture mentality. None of these people were there when people were dying of chikungunya in the capital. Just the fact that these individuals are hovering in the firmament of a tragedy is enough to raise suspicions.
Based on information surfacing everywhere (I don’t trust mainstream newspapers because they are mostly lying and misrepresenting facts for their political masters), the political circus being created, and based on the audio clip above, it might be that Ram Kishen Grewal was prompted to take poison. Maybe someone told him that he should take poison and then later on he would be taken to the hospital and these politicians will have a controversy to stoke fire with.
A murder investigation should be initiated if it hasn’t already been.